Hi & High Fives from the Board of Directors & Energy Staff:
With many new faces on the board this year we have been busy behind the scenes reviewing priorities to finish the year and prepare for a successful year ahead. We thank you for the confidence you have placed in us to support Gymnastics Energy.
2019 was a busy year commencing the transition from an operational board to a governance board.
- We are in the process of finalizing new by-laws which will be shared with the membership in April.
- New for 2019-2020 we have been growing our digital footprint, launching a new website, growing our social media community, encouraging more member participation and the launch of Team Talk- Energy News!
- Rec Director, Brooke Macaulay has been busy training CIT’s and developing more programs to appeal to our growing gymnastics community.
- New contracts are coming earlier this year!
- WAG Head Coach Alexa Takacs looks forward to seeing you at parent meetings in the coming weeks.
- MAG Support, Trianda Birmingham has found her way back to the gym and is supporting the growth and recruitment of our Men’s program. Stay tuned for more open houses and opportunities to bring a friend and experience the Energy!
- MAG Coach Carly has some bling on her finger! Big congrats! Your gym family is so very happy for you!
- It was I do I do I do for Coach Stacey who recently got married! Your gym family wishes you a lifetime of love and laughter!
- A special thanks to Meet Director, Ellen Gretsinger for running a fantastic 4 day meet, on time, actually ahead of schedule and every face was smiling as they came in to the gym and left the gym! Kudos to the Meets committee and all the volunteers who made our CNY2020 Unforgettable…
- The board wants to hear from our members as we prepare for 2020/2021. A survey will be sent to the membership in March to help us better prepare.
The board would like to share this has been a challenging year and our focus has been on changing and redefining how we can better serve our membership, dedication to our community gym, the athletes and coaches that are the heart and soul. There have been recent changes to the board and we would like to extend a sincere thank you to Jon Hughes, who has resigned from his board position. We thank him for his dedication and service to the betterment of the gym. Erin Wiltshire has stepped into the role of Vice President and we appreciate her commitment to the gym.